4L60e / 4L65e Stage 5 Master Rebuild Kit
(1) Borg Warner Hi-Energy Friction Module
(1) 3-4 Alto A-Pack Extreme Duty Dual Clutch Kit
(1) Alto Red Eagle Intermediate 2-4 High Performance Band
(1) High Performance Steel Module
(1) Molded Piston Kit
(1) TransTec Gasket, Seal, and Ring Kit
- All Gaskets
- Metal Clad Seals
- Sealing Rings (Two Types)
- Complete Oring Kit
- Complete Small Parts Kit
(1) Complete Bushing Kit
(1) Oil Filter
(1) FREE Tub of TransJel Gold Assembly Lube
***THIS KIT NOW COMES WITH THE ALTO A-PACK INSTEAD OF THE RAYBESTOS Z-PAK. WE WERE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE RAYBESTOS KIT AND FOUND THE A-PACK TO BE THE BETTER SOLUTION. PLEASE IGNORE THE Z-PAK IN THE PICTURES. THE ALTO A-PACK INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
(6) Internal Splined Red Eagle® Frictions
(6) External Splined Red Eagle® Frictions
(1) Top Pressure Plate
(1) Red Eagle® Friction Plate (2 sided)
(1) 0.093" Thick Snap Ring
- This is a brand new Stage 5 transmission rebuild kit for 1997-2003 4L60e and 4L65e transmissions. This kit addresses many issues with the 4L60e including the weak 3-4 clutch pack. 90% of failed 4L60's are due to a fried 3-4 drum. The A-Pack included in this kit is made by Alto, and provides much needed strength in that drum. You will get double to holding power in the 3-4 drum with its dual clutch design. We have seen MUCH better results with this exact kit over the Raybestos Z-Pak.
- Another feature of our Stage 5 kit is the 2-4 intermediate band. It is extra wide compared to the stock band and features Alto's Red Eagle friction material. It will provide much more holding power in second and fourth gear. We run this band in every one of our builds! **Note: Alto has been having issues manufacturing the extra wide Red Eagle band. They have been trickling into our shop here and there but delivery has been very inconsistent. If the extra wide band is unavailable, we will replace it with the stock width high performance, Red Eagle lined band.**
- While we like to use the A-Pack in our 3-4 drum, our custom kit includes Borg Warner High Energy Frictions/Clutches for everything else. We feel these are by far the best clutch on the market and most professional builders around the country agree with us! Don't cheap out on Alto graphite frictions when you can run the Borg Hi-Energy's at a great value.
- Since Rigid Axle doesn't sell cheap aftermarket garbage, our Stage 5 kit includes the very best Transtec gasket and seal kit. It will come with everything you need to rebuild your trans with. All paper gaskets, o-ring kit, sealing ring kit, all lip seals, metal clad seals, and all the small parts in the 4L60e! Transtec is the world leader for gaskets, and that is why we use them.
- This kit ships with a brand new DEEP fluid filter. Please verify what pan you have so we can send the correct filter when you order. There is the shallow pan, deep pan, and corvette style pan. Message us at checkout to let us know which filter you need!
- TransJel Gold is the most popular assembly lube for professional builders in the US. We want to provide our customers with the best products available, thats why we choose TransJel over others on the market.
- 1997-2003 4L60e/4L65e Transmissions
- Transmission Model: 4L60e
- Transmission Model: 4L65e
- Transtar Industries
Transtar Industries is the global leader in transmission and driveline-related solutions. We are dedicated to providing our customers with outstanding service, offering the broadest product catalog and best-in-class distribution of quality OE and aftermarket parts and premium remanufactured products.
Transtar was founded 1975 in Cleveland, Ohio, where the company is still headquartered today. In four decades, we have grown to be a global supplier of products related to the transmission and driveline, with a comprehensive offering including automatic and standard transmission units, transmission rebuild kits and components, remanufactured torque converters, hard parts, valve bodies, differentials, and transfer case kits and components.
Using our robust distribution network of more than 100 locations throughout the domestic United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, we deliver product to more than 80 countries. Today, most customers in the continental United States receive their orders with same-day or next-day delivery. Transtar customers range from independent and franchise transmission repair shops, to production rebuilders and resellers, to full-service automotive repair businesses.
Providing high-quality, premium products from manufacturers that you trust has always been one of our main objectives. Add to that expert product knowledge and support, outstanding service and on-time delivery, it’s easy to understand why Transtar customers have enjoyed long-standing relationships with their sales representatives and the company.