New Process Gear NP263 eXtra Heavy Duty Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Bearing, Gasket, and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) XHD Transfer Case Chain - 1.5" Wide, 42 Links, 84 Pins
(2) XHD Transfer Case Sprockets
(1) Oil Pump Assembly - 49 Splines
(1) Oil Pump Screen Filter
(1) Adapt-A-Case BRNY "Pump Rub" Saver
- This rebuild kit fits New Venture and New Process 263XHD Extra Heavy Duty transfer cases. Please check your transfer case tag and verify your model number is 263 XHD GM. This kit will not fit LD or HD models as each model has different size bearings, pump splines, and chain widths and link counts.
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality Japanese bearings. No Chinese garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, transfer case to transmission adaptor gasket, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- Wouldn't you be upset if you took your vehicle in for a full oil change and the mechanic didn't replace your oil filter? Well, we would. That's why we include a new oil pump filter screen with every NP261/NP263 kit that is sold with a new pump. Keep your transfer case protected and well lubricated with our pump and filter kit.
- So by now you've heard of the issues commonly associated with your New Process transfer case... Pump rub is a serious issue that causes headaches and damage if not fixed. Since your rear case half is made out of soft magnesium, and the pumps are cast from harder aluminum, the constant rubbing and contact between the two ends in disaster. A pin hole in the rear case half will develop over time. Fluid loss through that hole will leave you with a dry transfer case. When the case is ran dry, your internals start eating each other causing part failure. The BRNY case saver is a permanent fix for your stock magnesium case half. Add the BRNY before your pump eats through the case half. That will save you time and money down the road. Rigid Axle is proud to offer an upgraded, aluminum rear case half if your stock case has already been damaged. Our unit is 5 lbs. heavier than your stock half because of various reinforcements and added material around the pump pocket. Please give us a call or check out our rebuild packages to order a kit including the upgraded case half!
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Truck w/ 6.6L Duramax & Allison
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Truck w/ 8.1L Engine & Allison
- 1999-2007 GMC Truck w/ 6.6L Duramax & Allison
- 1999-2007 GMC Truck w/ 8.1L Engine & Allison
- Part Type: Transfer Case Rebuild Kit
- Transfer Case Model: New Process Gear 263XHD GM
- Transfer Case Model: New Venture Gear 263XHD GM
- Bearing Make: High Quality Nachi/Koyo
- Transfer Case Chain: 1.5" Wide, 42 Links, 84 Pins
- Oil Pump Assembly: 49 Splines
- Cross Reference: T371RA, HV-074, MG10-074, NV21966R, F81Z7177AA, 12478083, NV40910, NV25904, 12478084, 12473223, NV29191, 25904, 25502, NV16217, 4338943, 482460, 100246-02K, NV-Casesaver.