New Process Gear NP263 Heavy Duty Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Aluminum Reinforced NP263HD Rear Transfer Case Half (Will not fit XHD models)
(2) Threaded Sensor Holes (Includes a Threaded Plug)
(1) Tailshaft Bushing (Installed)
(1) Output Shaft Needle Bearing (Installed)
(1) Bearing, Gasket, and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Transfer Case Chain
(1) Oil Pump Assembly
(1) Oil Pump Screen Filter
(1) HD Mainshaft
(1) Mainshaft Snap Ring
*XHD Chain Upgrade*
GM uses the XHD (eXtra Heavy Duty) transfer case to handle the massive torque numbers the Duramax and 8.1L Allison combos can create. If you want your HD transfer case to handle some extra abuse, we recommend upgrading to the XHD chain and sprockets while you have it apart. The XHD chain offers a 1.5" wide, 42 link, 84 pin design. That means noticeably larger and stronger links than its 49 link little brother. Make sure to select "Yes" under "XHD Chain Upgrade" before adding this kit to your cart!
- This rebuild kit fits New Venture and New Process 263HD Heavy Duty transfer cases. Please check your transfer case tag and verify your model number is 263 HD GM. This kit will not fit LD or XHD models as each model has different size bearings, pump splines, and chain widths and link counts.
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality Japanese bearings. No Chinese garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- Wouldn't you be upset if you took your vehicle in for a full oil change and the mechanic didn't replace your oil filter? Well, we would. That's why we include a new oil pump filter screen with every NP261/NP263 kit that is sold with a new pump. Keep your transfer case protected and well lubricated with our pump and filter kit.
- Our updated mainshaft comes precisely ground for stability and proper bearing tolerances. It includes an updated snap ring to replace your old stock ring. If your transfer case was run out of oil and a bearing seized on your stock main shaft, it is crucial you replace it with this upgrade.
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Cadillac Escalade (1999-2000)
- Cadillac Escalade (2002-2006)
- Cadillac Escalade ESV (2003-2006)
- Cadillac Escalade EXT (2002-2006)
- Chevrolet Avalanche (2007)
- Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 (2002-2006)
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic (2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (1999-2004)
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD (2001-2006)
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Classic (2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (2001-2006)
- Chevrolet Suburban 1500 (2000-2007)
- Chevrolet Suburban 2500 (2000-2007)
- Chevrolet Tahoe (1999-2007)
- GMC Sierra 1500 (1999-2007)
- GMC Sierra 1500 Classic (2007)
- GMC Sierra 2500 (1999-2004)
- GMC Sierra 2500 HD (2001-2006)
- GMC Sierra 2500 HD Classic (2007)
- GMC Sierra 3500 (2001-2006)
- GMC Yukon (1999-2007)
- Transfer Case Model: New Process NP263HD GM
- Chain Width: 1.5 Inch
- Chain Link Count: 49 Links
- Chain Pin Count: 98 Pins
- Oil Pump Assembly: 49 Splines