New Process Gear NP261 eXtra Heavy Duty Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Aluminum Reinforced NP261XHD Rear Transfer Case Half (Will not fit LD or HD models)
(2) Threaded Sensor Holes (Includes a Threaded Plug)
(1) Tailshaft Bushing (Installed)
(1) Output Shaft Needle Bearing (Installed)
(1) Bearing, Gasket, and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Transfer Case Chain
(1) Oil Pump Assembly
(1) Oil Pump Screen Filter
(1) XHD Mainshaft
(1) Mainshaft Snap Ring
- This rebuild kit fits New Venture and New Process 261XHD Extra Heavy Duty transfer cases. Please check your transfer case tag and verify your model number is 261 XHD GM. This kit will not fit LD or HD models as each model has different size bearings, pump splines, and chain widths and link counts.
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality Japanese bearings. No Chinese garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- Wouldn't you be upset if you took your vehicle in for a full oil change and the mechanic didn't replace your oil filter? Well, we would. That's why we include a new oil pump filter screen with every NP261/NP263 kit that is sold with a new pump. Keep your transfer case protected and well lubricated with our pump and filter kit.
- Our mainshaft comes precisely ground for stability and proper bearing tolerances. It includes an updated snap ring to replace your old stock ring. If your transfer case was run out of oil and a bearing seized on your stock main shaft, it is crucial you replace it with this upgrade.
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Chevrolet Truck w/ 6.6L Duramax & Allison (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Truck w/ 8.1L Engine & Allison (1999-2007)
- GMC Truck w/ 6.6L Duramax & Allison (1999-2007)
- GMC Truck w/ 8.1L Engine & Allison (1999-2007)
- Transfer Case Model: New Process 261XHD GM
- Chain Width: 1.5 Inch
- Chain Link Count: 42 Links
- Chain Pin Count: 84 Pins
- Oil Pump Assembly: 49 Splines