New Process Gear NP261 Light Duty Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Bearing, Gasket, and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Adapt-A-Case BRNY "Pump Rub" Saver
- This rebuild kit fits New Venture and New Process 261LD Light Duty transfer cases. Please check your transfer case tag and verify your model number is 261 LD GM. This kit will not fit XHD models as each model has different size bearings, seals, pump splines, and chain widths and link counts.
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality Japanese bearings. No Chinese garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, transfer case to transmission adaptor gasket, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- So by now you've heard of the issues commonly associated with your New Process transfer case... Pump rub is a serious issue that causes headaches and damage if not fixed. Since your rear case half is made out of soft magnesium, and the pumps are cast from harder aluminum, the constant rubbing and contact between the two ends in disaster. A pin hole in the rear case half will develop over time. Fluid loss through that hole will leave you with a dry transfer case. When the case is ran dry, your internals start eating each other causing part failure. The BRNY case saver is a permanent fix for your stock magnesium case half. Add the BRNY before your pump eats through the case half. That will save you time and money down the road. Rigid Axle is proud to offer an upgraded, aluminum rear case half if your stock case has already been damaged. Our unit is 5 lbs. heavier than your stock half because of various reinforcements and added material around the pump pocket. Please give us a call or check out our rebuild packages to order a kit including the upgraded case half!
*XHD Chain Upgrade*
- GM uses the XHD (eXtra Heavy Duty) transfer case to handle the massive torque numbers the Duramax and 8.1L Allison combos can create. If you want your LD transfer case to handle some extra abuse, we recommend upgrading to the XHD chain and sprockets while you have it apart. The XHD chain offers a 1.5" wide, 42 link, 84 pin design. That means noticeably larger and stronger links than its 49 link little brother. Make sure to select "Yes" under "XHD Chain Upgrade" before adding this kit to your cart!
- 1999-2006 Cadillac Escalade
- 2002-2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 1999-2007 GMC Sierra 1500
- 1999-2007 GMC Yukon
- Part Type: Transfer Case Rebuild Kit
- Transfer Case Model: New Process Gear 261LD GM
- Transfer Case Model: New Venture Gear 261LD GM
- Bearing Type: High Quality Japanese
- Cross Reference: T371R, T498R, YK TC-09, NV-Casesaver, 482460, 100246-02K.