New Process Gear NP149 Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Reinforced NV149 Rear Transfer Case Half
(1) Sensor Hole Already Threaded
(1) Tailshaft Bushing (Installed)
(1) Output Shaft Needle Bearing (Installed)
(1) Bearing, Gasket, and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Transfer Case Chain
- This transfer case rebuild kit fits New Venture and New Process 149 all wheel drive transfer cases. Please verify you have a model NP149 transfer case by checking the metal tag on your existing rear case. NP149's came equipt in GM vehicles with RPO codes: M32 & NP3.
- All Rigid Axle rebuild kits include case halfs that come reinforced around the pump. The BRNY wear plate and Merchant Automotive pump upgrade kit are NOT needed. This will save you time and money! Our casting features a precisely machined oil pump seat that fixes the "pump rub" issue found on the OEM magnesium models. Your pump will no longer wear through the case causing leaks. Even though the BRNY transfer case wear plate is not required, it can be used for extra insurance and peace of mind. This casting also features strengthened ribs with 5mm more material. If that isn't enough, each case is 100% leak tested before it leaves our facility. Our case half comes with two threaded sensor ports, a sensor port plug in case your truck only requires one speed sensor, a tailshaft bushing already pressed in, and the output shaft needle bearing already installed. You are guaranteed to get a far superior product when ordering through Rigid Axle!
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality Japanese bearings. No Chinese garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- GMC Yukon (2001-2004)
- GMC Yukon Denali (2001-2006)
- Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 (2004-2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado SS (2003-2007)
- GMC Sierra Denali (2001-2007)
- Cadillac Escalade (2001-2006)
- Cadillac Escalade ESV (2001-2006)
- Cadillac Escalade EXT (2001-2006)
- Transfer Case Model: New Process NP149
- Chain Width: 1.25 Inch
- Chain Link Count: 49 Links
- Chain Pin Count: 98 Pins