New Process NP246GM Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Bearing, Gasket and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Range Fork Insert Kit
(1) Transfer Case Chain
(2) Chain Sprockets - Drive & Driven
(10) Clutch Friction Plates
(9) Steel Plates
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality bearings. No garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, transfer case to transmission adaptor gasket, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- The GM New Process 246 is an automatic push button transfer case that can engage four wheel drive while the vehicle is in motion. In order to make this feature work, the NP246 has a clutch drum with internal frictions and steels that wear. If you are rebuilding one of these units, it's very important to replace the friction clutches and steel plates while you have it apart. This will ensure a long lasting transfer case that will engage 4WD on demand. Our kits come with the highest quality friction clutches and steels on the market.
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Cadillac Escalade (1999-2000)
- Cadillac Escalade EXT (1999-2000)
- Chevrolet Avalanche (2001-2007)
- Chevrolet Blazer (1999-2006)
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Suburban (1999-2006)
- Chevrolet Tahoe (1999-2006)
- Transfer Case Model: New Process NP246GM
- Chain Width: 1.25 Inch
- Chain Link Count: 49 Links
- Chain Pin Count: 98 Pins