New Process NP246GM Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) NV246GM Rear Transfer Case Half
(2) Sensor Holes Already Threaded
(1) Tailshaft Bushing (Installed)
(1) Output Shaft Needle Bearing (Installed)
(1) Bearing, Gasket and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Range Fork Insert Kit
(1) Transfer Case Chain
(10) Clutch Friction Plates
(9) Steel Plates
(1) BRNY Case Saver
- This transfer case package fits New Venture and New Process 246 transfer cases for GM Vehicles 1999-On. It is the buyers responsibility to verify they are working on a NP246GM. Please check the metal tag located on the rear case half. This is the highest quality, and most complete kit on the market. If you need a shift motor, apply plate, clutch wave spring, or anything else for these transfer cases, please message us so we can help!
- So by now you've heard of the issues commonly associated with your New Process transfer case... Pump rub is a serious issue that causes headaches and damage if not fixed. Since your rear case half is made out of soft magnesium, and the pumps are cast from harder aluminum, the constant rubbing and contact between the two ends in disaster. A pin hole in the rear case half will develop over time. Fluid loss through that hole will leave you with a dry transfer case. When the case is ran dry, your internals start eating each other causing part failure. The BRNY case saver is a permanent fix for your stock magnesium case half. Add the BRNY before your pump eats through the case half. That will save you time and money down the road. Rigid Axle is proud to offer an upgraded, aluminum rear case half if your stock case has already been damaged. Our unit is 5 lbs. heavier than your stock half because of various reinforcements and added material around the pump pocket. Please give us a call or check out our rebuild packages to order a kit including the upgraded case half!
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality bearings. No garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, transfer case to transmission adaptor gasket, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- The GM New Process 246 is an automatic push button transfer case that can engage four wheel drive while the vehicle is in motion. In order to make this feature work, the NP246 has a clutch drum with internal frictions and steels that wear. If you are rebuilding one of these units, it's very important to replace the friction clutches and steel plates while you have it apart. This will ensure a long lasting transfer case that will engage 4WD on demand. Our kits come with the highest quality friction clutches and steels on the market.
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Cadillac Escalade (1999-2000)
- Cadillac Escalade EXT (1999-2000)
- Chevrolet Avalanche (2001-2007)
- Chevrolet Blazer (1999-2006)
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (1999-2007)
- Chevrolet Suburban (1999-2006)
- Chevrolet Tahoe (1999-2006)
- Transfer Case Model: New Process NP246GM
- Chain Width: 1.25 Inch
- Chain Link Count: 49 Links
- Chain Pin Count: 98 Pins