New Process NP231GM Transfer Case Rebuild Package
(1) Bearing, Gasket and Seal Rebuild Kit
(1) Transfer Case Chain
(1) Oil Pump
- This transfer case rebuild kit fits New Process 231 GM transfer cases. These transfer cases came with two different chains so please verify whether you have the 1.00" or 1.25" wide chain. Please verify the model number on your rear case half shows NP231 GM before placing your order.
- Our rebuild kit includes a bearing, gasket, and seal kit with high quality bearings. No garbage anywhere in this kit. Included are all new internal bearings, input and output seals, transfer case to transmission adaptor gasket, all new o-rings, (2) planet thrust washers, range fork inserts, and a new tail housing snap ring grommet.
- The transfer case chain is the second biggest headache when you own one of these units. In our experience, the chains start to stretch around 160,000 to 200,000 miles. When the chain stretches a number of things can happen. One sign of a stretched chain is a loud popping sound heard when the transfer case is under load. That sound tells you the chain has stretched enough to skip on the teeth of the sprockets. At that point, not only are you eating up sprockets, but you're sending metal through your transfer case. Don't let metal go through your planetary or the cost of your rebuild just went up significantly!
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Chevrolet S10 Blazer (1988-1994)
- Chevrolet S10 (1988-1994)
- Transfer Case Model: New Process NP231GM
- Chain Width: 1.00 Inch / 1.25 Inch
- Chain Link Count: 31 Links