GM 8.2" Rear - Posi Package
(1) Limited Slip Positraction Carrier
(1) Ring and Pinion Gear Set (Choose Ratio Above)
(1) Rear Master Bearing Install Kit
- *Note: We recommend the use of high grade GL-5 gear oil and LSD (Limited Slip Differential) additive for long life and smooth operation. Search part number POSI-ADD before checking out. The use of synthetic oil is allowed but may result in aggressive or noisy operation.
- Our Eaton style limited-slip positraction unit uses carbon fiber and steel friction plate technology for smooth and aggressive traction. The carrier case is forged steel for strength and reliability. Because this carrier is an eaton style clutch posi, it can be rebuilt and serviced. Our positraction is the perfect choice for daily drivers, weekend warriors, towing, basic off-road use, and street/strip applications. See below for some key features and tech specifications:
- Fully Machined, Forged Steel Case
- Carbon-Fiber and Steel Clutches
- Serviceable & Rebuildable Design
- 1 year warranty against Manufacturer defects
- Non-Synthetic GL-5 Gear Oil Recommended
- Friction Modifier Required
- Rigid Axle's aftermarket ring and pinion gear sets are made from heat treated 8620 steel. Our aftermarket gear set is made using a five-cut, face milled manufacturing process. Once set up correctly, this will give a square contact pattern on the drive and coast side of each tooth. We are proud of our ring and pinion lines, and you will be too!
- Remember to properly break in your new gear set! Click here for instructions!
- Our Master overhaul kits come with everything you need to replace, modify, or rebuild your differential. This will allow you to get the job done quicker, and cheaper at the end of the day. Rigid Axle master bearing install kits include:
- Both (Inner & Outer) Pinion Bearings and Races
- Carrier Bearings and Races
- Pinion and Carrier Shims
- Pinion Seal
- Pinion Nut
- Ring Gear Bolts
- Crush Sleeve
- Complete Shims
- RTV Sealant or Cover Gasket
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Chevrolet / Chevy Bel Air (1964-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Chevelle/ Malibu (1964-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Monte Carlo (1970-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Nova (1964-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Chevy II (1964-1968)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Caprice (1965-1971)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Biscayne (1964-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy El Camino (1964-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Nomad (1968-1972)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Camaro (1967-1970)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Impala (1964-1972)
- Differential Model: GM 8.2"
- Cover Bolt Quantity: 10
- Carrier Breaks: 3.08
- Carrier/Axle Spline Count: 28
- Ring Gear Diameter: 8.2"
- Ring Gear Rotation: Standard
- Ring Gear Material: 8620 Steel
- Ring Gear Bolt Quantity: 10
- Ring Gear Bolt Size: 3/8" X 24 RH
- Pinion Diameter: 1.438"
- Pinion Spline: 25