Open Differential Carrier Rebuild Kit
- Side and Pinion Gears
- Pinion Shaft
- Lock Bolt or Roll Pin
- Fits GM / Chevy 8.2” 1955-1964 car differentials with a 17 axle spline open carrier that has a 1.2” spline diameter.
- All Motive Gear products are engineered for their specific application and manufactured in state of the art facilities. All of our products undergo rigid quality control processes to insure proper fit, performance and longevity. Motive Gear products can be found in the winners circle at NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, NMCA, SODA, SCORE, BITD, Ultra-4 and NASCAR events because we offer unmatched selection and quality demanded by racers and their crew chiefs - the same quality and selection demanded by DIY customers and top mechanics. With four warehouses strategically located across North America, most Motive Gear orders arrive within 2-4 days. Win with Motive Gear!
Interchange: XL-4045 - YPKGM55P-S-17
- 1955-1964 Chevrolet Bel Air
- 1958-1964 Chevrolet Biscayne
- 1960-1964 Chevrolet C10 Panel
- 1960-1964 Chevrolet C10 Pickup
- 1962-1964 Chevrolet Chevy II
- 1955-1964 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1959-1960 Chevrolet El Camino
- 1964-1964 Chevrolet El Camino
- 1958-1964 Chevrolet Impala
- 1960-1964 Chevrolet K10 Pickup
- 1955-1961 Chevrolet Nomad
- 1955-1957 Chevrolet One-Fifty Series
- 1960-1964 Chevrolet Suburban
- 1955-1957 Chevrolet Two-Ten Series
- 1960-1964 GMC Suburban
- 1962-1962 Pontiac Star Chief
- Differential Model: GM 8.2"
- Cover Bolt Quantity: N/A
- Differential Carrier Break: 3.70 and Lower
- Differential Carrier Break: 4.11 and Higher
- Pinion Shaft Diameter: 1.438 Inch
- Pinion Spline Count: 17
- Ring Gear Bolt Quantity: (10) 3/8” x 24 RH
- Ring Gear Diameter: 8.2 Inch
- Motive Gear
Motive Gear is the leading manufacturer of driveline products for just about any vehicle, whether it is a stock daily driver to full-competition 4×4 or racecar. We are proud to offer an unmatched selection of quality components engineered and manufactured for the vehicle and for the way it is driven. Motive Gear products are engineered to meet or exceed OEM specifications at a price that won’t break your budget. Our broad selection of ring & pinion ratios, limited slip and locking differentials, carriers, spools, manual transmission and transfer case components, rebuild kits, bearings, seals, gaskets, shims and hardware is available for just about every vehicle made from the 1940s through the present. DIY customers and professional installers alike appreciate our installation kits, which come complete with everything needed to install a ring & pinion set, right down to the seals, gaskets, and RTV.