GM 8.2" Rear - Posi Differential Carrier
(1) Limited Slip Positraction Carrier
- *Note: A factory thin ring gear was used on 1955-1956 carriers with ribs on the back of the ring gear side. The 1955-1956 open dropout casting numbers end with "306". A new ring and pinion or ring gear spacer is required when replacing the factory 4 series case.
- Our Eaton style limited-slip positraction unit uses carbon fiber and steel friction plate technology for smooth and aggressive traction. The carrier case is forged steel for strength and reliability. Because this carrier is an eaton style clutch posi, it can be rebuilt and serviced. Our positraction is the perfect choice for daily drivers, weekend warriors, towing, basic off-road use, and street/strip applications. See below for some key features and tech specifications:
- Fully Machined, Forged Steel Case
- Carbon-Fiber and Steel Clutches
- Serviceable & Rebuildable Design
- 1 year warranty against Manufacturer defects
- Non-Synthetic GL-5 Gear Oil Recommended
- Friction Modifier Required
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Chevrolet / Chevy Nomad (1955-1962)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Biscayne (1958-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Bel Air (1955-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Nova (1962-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Impala (1957-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy El Camino (1959-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Corvette (1956-1962)
- Differential Model: GM 8.2"
- Cover Bolt Quantity: 10
- Carrier Breaks: 3.70 / 4.11
- Carrier/Axle Spline Count: 30
- Ring Gear Diameter: 8.2"
- Ring Gear Rotation: Standard
- Ring Gear Material: 8620 Steel
- Ring Gear Bolt Quantity: 10
- Ring Gear Bolt Size: 3/8" X 24 RH
- Pinion Diameter: 1.313"
- Pinion Spline: 17