GM 8.2" Rear - Posi Package
(1) Limited Slip Positraction Carrier
(1) Ring and Pinion Gear Set (Choose Ratio Above)
(1) Rear Master Bearing Install Kit
- *Note: A factory thin ring gear was used on 1955-1956 carriers with ribs on the back of the ring gear side. The 1955-1956 open dropout casting numbers end with "306". A new ring and pinion or ring gear spacer is required when replacing the factory 4 series case.
- Our Eaton style limited-slip positraction unit uses carbon fiber and steel friction plate technology for smooth and aggressive traction. The carrier case is forged steel for strength and reliability. Because this carrier is an eaton style clutch posi, it can be rebuilt and serviced. Our positraction is the perfect choice for daily drivers, weekend warriors, towing, basic off-road use, and street/strip applications. See below for some key features and tech specifications:
- Fully Machined, Forged Steel Case
- Carbon-Fiber and Steel Clutches
- Serviceable & Rebuildable Design
- 1 year warranty against Manufacturer defects
- Non-Synthetic GL-5 Gear Oil Recommended
- Friction Modifier Required
- Rigid Axle's aftermarket ring and pinion gear sets are made from heat treated 8620 steel. Our aftermarket gear set is made using a five-cut, face milled manufacturing process. Once set up correctly, this will give a square contact pattern on the drive and coast side of each tooth. We are proud of our ring and pinion lines, and you will be too!
- Remember to properly break in your new gear set! Click here for instructions!
- Our Master overhaul kits come with everything you need to replace, modify, or rebuild your differential. This will allow you to get the job done quicker, and cheaper at the end of the day. Rigid Axle master bearing install kits include:
- Both (Inner & Outer) Pinion Bearings and Races
- Carrier Bearings and Races
- Pinion and Carrier Shims
- Pinion Seal
- Pinion Nut
- Ring Gear Bolts
- Crush Sleeve
- Complete Shims
- RTV Sealant or Cover Gasket
- Rigid Axle is proud to offer our customers a full line of differential, transfer case, and transmission parts. We specialize in complete rebuild kits for domestic cars and trucks. Give us a call with your year, make, and model and we'll build you a custom kit for your build!
- Chevrolet / Chevy Nomad (1955-1962)
- Chevrolet / Chevy K10/ K1500 1/2 Ton (4WD) (1960-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Suburban 1/2 Ton (1960-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Biscayne (1958-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy C10 1/2 Ton (2WD) (1960-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Bel Air (1955-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Nova (1962-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Impala (1957-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy El Camino (1959-1964)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Corvette (1956-1962)
- Chevrolet / Chevy Apache (1955-1960)
- GMC K15/ K1500 1/2 Ton (4WD) (1960-1964)
- GMC C15/ C1500 1/2 Ton (2WD) (1960-1964)
- GMC Suburban 1/2 Ton (1960-1964)
- GMC G15/ G1500 1/2 Ton (1960-1964)
- Differential Model: GM 8.2"
- Cover Bolt Quantity: 10
- Carrier Breaks: 3.70 / 4.11
- Carrier/Axle Spline Count: 30
- Ring Gear Diameter: 8.2"
- Ring Gear Rotation: Standard
- Ring Gear Material: 8620 Steel
- Ring Gear Bolt Quantity: 10
- Ring Gear Bolt Size: 3/8" X 24 RH
- Pinion Diameter: 1.313"
- Pinion Spline: 17