GM 8.2" Ring and Pinion Set by Motive Performance
(1) Motive Gear Performance Ring and Pinion Gear Set
*Note: Please keep in mind the GM 8.2” differentials have carrier breaks. If you are keeping your stock carrier, please choose a ratio that fits within your case break.
- Motive Gear Performance ring and pinions are perfect for dedicated racing or off-road vehicle. Our gear sets are made from first-run steel, we never use recycled metal. This allows Motive Gear Performance ring and pinions to handle the extreme torque from high horsepower racing engines. Extensive engineering, computer controlled heat treatment, superior strength, quality and the widest selection of racing gear ratios, makes Motive Gear Performance ring and pinions the clear winner! Engineered to the highest standards, every Motive Gear Performance product goes through rigid quality control processes in our in-house lab. Motive Gear Performance: What the pros run!
- 1964-1970 Buick Wildcat
- 1964-1972 Chevrolet Bel Air
- 1964-1972 Chevrolet Biscayne
- 1969-1972 Chevrolet Brookwood
- 1967-1970 Chevrolet Camaro
- 1966-1971 Chevrolet Caprice
- 1964-1972 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1964-1968 Chevrolet Chevy II
- 1964-1972 Chevrolet El Camino
- 1964-1972 Chevrolet Impala
- 1964-1967 Chevrolet Malibu
- 1970-1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- 1969-1972 Chevrolet Nova
- 1971-1972 GMC Sprint
- 1969-1972 Pontiac Firebird
- 1970-1972 Pontiac GTO
- 1964-1970 Pontiac Tempest
- 1971-1971 Pontiac Ventura
- Differential Model: GM 8.2"
- Cover Bolt Quantity: 10
- Differential Carrier Break: 3.08 and Higher
- Pinion Shaft Diameter: 1.438 Inch
- Pinion Spline Count: 25
- Ring Gear Bolt Quantity: (10) 3/8” x 24 RH
- Ring Gear Diameter: 8.2 Inch
- Ring Gear Rotation: Standard
- Motive Gear Performance
Motive Gear is the leading manufacturer of driveline products for just about any vehicle, whether it is a stock daily driver to full-competition 4×4 or racecar. We are proud to offer an unmatched selection of quality components engineered and manufactured for the vehicle and for the way it is driven. Motive Gear products are engineered to meet or exceed OEM specifications at a price that won’t break your budget. Our broad selection of ring & pinion ratios, limited slip and locking differentials, carriers, spools, manual transmission and transfer case components, rebuild kits, bearings, seals, gaskets, shims and hardware is available for just about every vehicle made from the 1940s through the present. DIY customers and professional installers alike appreciate our installation kits, which come complete with everything needed to install a ring & pinion set, right down to the seals, gaskets, and RTV.