OEM Quality Automatic Transmission Rebuild Kit
Paper and Rubber Kit
Metal Clad Seals
- Overhaul Rebuild Kit without Steels
- Fits 1968-1981, FMX
- Used in Ford, Lincoln and Mercury
- 3 Speed Automatic Transmission
- FMX has a 14 Bolt Pan Gasket
In 1966, Ford introduced the C6 automatic, which left them with three heavy-duty automatic transmissions and crowded conditions at Livonia Transmission plant. Ford decided to combine the best attributes of the MX and FX transmissions and ended up with an improved version of the "X" called FMX. This transmission used the stronger MX-type rotating parts in the smaller FX style case. This cut down on both weight and the number of transmission components Ford needed to make. This transmission was manufactured at the Fairfax Transmission Plant, freeing up capacity at Livonia for the new C6. The FMX was manufactured from 1968 to 1979, when the Fairfax Transmission plant was closed. Although the FMX was phased out in the United States in 1979 in favor of Ford's then-revolutionary AOD, the FMX was sold for another two years for use in V8 Ford Falcons built in Australia. The FMX ceased production when Ford Australia phased out the V8 engine.
- Gear ratios
- First: 2.40:1
- Second: 1.47:1
- Third: 1.00:1
- Reverse: 2.00:1
- Transtar Industries, Inc. is the leading worldwide distributor of transmission-related products, automotive specialty repair and refinishing products, and high-performance parts and accessories. Among its transmission-related offerings are automatic and standard transmission and transfer case units, kits and components, as well as other driveline and powertrain products.
- With more than 50 shipping warehouse locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, Transtar Industries serves independent and franchise transmission repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and resellers throughout North America. Transtar's International Division serves a global network of Aftermarket automotive distributors in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Transtar Industries, Inc., headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, was founded in 1975. Their team of outstanding professionals is dedicated to providing customers with responsive service, expert product knowledge and support, and on-time delivery.