OEM Quality Automatic Transmission Rebuild Kit
Paper and Rubber Kit
Metal Clad Seals
Bonded Pistons (As Required)
Overhaul Rebuild Kit without Steels
- 1967 - EARLY 1976
- 3 Speed Automatic C6
- Found in Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury
- The Ford C6 is a heavy-duty automatic transmission built by Ford between 1966 and 1996. It was marketed as the "SelectShift Cruise-O-Matic". Compared to its predecessor mx transmission, the C6 offered lower weight, less complexity, less parasitic power loss, and greater torque capacity for larger engines. It did this without exceeding the packaging dimensions of the MX. These design goals were in line with those of the C4 for smaller engines.To cut down on weight and cost, the C6 featured a simple, three speed planetary gear set. To aid in shift quality and long time durability, it was the first automatic transmission designed to use the Borg-Warner flexible shift band. It had disc clutch plates instead of bands on the low and reverse gears. It got new composite plates and valving. This gave it the capability to handle 475 ft-lb of torque. The C6 was used in trucks and cars with larger engines. Five different bell housing varieties exist for use with various Ford engine families:
- Transtar Industries, Inc. is the leading worldwide distributor of transmission-related products, automotive specialty repair and refinishing products, and high-performance parts and accessories. Among its transmission-related offerings are automatic and standard transmission and transfer case units, kits and components, as well as other driveline and powertrain products.
- With more than 50 shipping warehouse locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, Transtar Industries serves independent and franchise transmission repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and resellers throughout North America. Transtar's International Division serves a global network of Aftermarket automotive distributors in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Transtar Industries, Inc., headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, was founded in 1975. Their team of outstanding professionals is dedicated to providing customers with responsive service, expert product knowledge and support, and on-time delivery.