Automatic Transmission Overhaul Kit
OEM Quality Automatic Transmission Rebuild Kit
Paper and Rubber Kit
Metal Clad Seals
- Rebuild Kit with Rings and Seals Fits 1992 -1995 AODE
- The AOD was redesigned with electronic controls in 1992, becoming the AODE. It was mainly intended for the new modular V8 at first, but it was also adapted to the old AOD bell-housing for vehicles still powered by OHV engines. While the AOD, AODE and early 4R70W share some basic components like oil pans, gear sets (AODs and AODE can be retrofit with 4R70W gear sets), most of the internals are not interchangeable because the 4R70W and AODE use electronic solenoids to shift instead of conventional hydraulics. The transmissions are not interchangeable either, as the AOD only uses a throttle valve cable for operation. The AODE and 4R70W's shift points are controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) also sometimes referred to as the Electronic Engine Control (EEC).
- The AODE has a 14 Bolt Oil Pan
- Transtar Industries, Inc. is the leading worldwide distributor of transmission-related products, automotive specialty repair and refinishing products, and high-performance parts and accessories. Among its transmission-related offerings are automatic and standard transmission and transfer case units, kits and components, as well as other driveline and powertrain products.
- With more than 50 shipping warehouse locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, Transtar Industries serves independent and franchise transmission repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and resellers throughout North America. Transtar's International Division serves a global network of Aftermarket automotive distributors in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Transtar Industries, Inc., headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, was founded in 1975. Their team of outstanding professionals is dedicated to providing customers with responsive service, expert product knowledge and support, and on-time delivery.