OEM Quality Automatic Transmission Rebuild Kit
Paper and Rubber Kit
Metal Clad Seals
Bonded Pistons (As Required)
- Overhaul Kit without Steels
- Kit fits 1971-UP A727 TF8 Torque Flite 8 transmissions
- The A488 was replaced in 1962 with the A727 (later renamed 36RH and 37RH), with a one-piece aluminum case to reduce weight by about 60 lb (27 kg). This was initially referred to in consumer-oriented publications as the "TorqueFlite 8" to differentiate it from the A904. The A727 incorporated a parking pawl, with the sole exception of the 1962 Chrysler version, which had an extension-mounted drum brake. Compared to the early cast-iron transmissions, many and various internal improvements were featured, and it used a 10.75 in (27.3 cm) or 11.75 in (29.8 cm) torque converter. The heavier-duty A727 Torqueflites became — and remain — wildly popular for drag racing, off roading, and monster truck applications because of their controllability, reliability, ease/cheapness of repair and brute strength.
- Transtar Industries, Inc. is the leading worldwide distributor of transmission-related products, automotive specialty repair and refinishing products, and high-performance parts and accessories. Among its transmission-related offerings are automatic and standard transmission and transfer case units, kits and components, as well as other driveline and powertrain products.
- With more than 50 shipping warehouse locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, Transtar Industries serves independent and franchise transmission repair shops, automotive general repair businesses, production rebuilders, and resellers throughout North America. Transtar's International Division serves a global network of Aftermarket automotive distributors in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Transtar Industries, Inc., headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, was founded in 1975. Their team of outstanding professionals is dedicated to providing customers with responsive service, expert product knowledge and support, and on-time delivery.